How can we empower overburdened doctors in the Indian rural public healthcare system?
Medicus was a project which I attempted to incubate. The project stemmed from research that finds the public healthcare system in rural India to be heavily overburdened.
Medicus is a diagnostic kit that is designed for over burdened doctors in rural India that provides quick, accurate diagnosis recommendations based on 5 key inputs. It uses a medical expert system that suggests diagnosis possibilities, digitizes health records of patients and links their family history through social security numbers. On a macro level, the data is used to map important information, better understand local health issues and statistics real time.
Primary Health Care Centers duties :-
- Diagnosis of diseases
- Routine urine, stool and blood tests
- Diagnosis of RTI/STD
- Blood Smear examination for Malaria
- Sputum testing for micro bacterium
- Blood Grouping and Rh typing
- Pregnancy Tests
- Rapid test kit for drinking contaminated water
- Examination of chlorine level in water